Dilute essential oils with a carrier oil because some essential oils are too strong to be applied directly to the skin.
When essential oils are diluted with a carrier oil, they can be rubbed, massaged into the skin in the correct dosage. Additionally when you dilute an essential oil with a carrier oil, you may only need one drop of the essential oil
, and applying it in the carrier oil allow it to be used in a bigger area. Diluting essential oils with a carrier oil helps make your use of essential oils cheaper. You only need to make a small batch of oil that you can use before the carrier oil gets rancid or too old, which happens when you buy commercially diluted essential oil in a standard size bottle.
Carrier oils themselves can have therapeutic properties. Effective carrier oils are vegetable, nut or seed oils. Essential oils are not usually oily. They evaporate and do not leave a greasy spot on paper. Fatty Oils such as vegetable oils are however an excellent choice as a carrier oil, Adding essential oils to a carrier oil yields a preparation that is good for the skin. An unprocessed and cold pressed oil retains its basic healing properties.
Carriers of important healing substances, unsaturated vegetable oils support the skin’s ability to function,
breathe, absorb light and regulate skin temperature. They also soften the skin. This is important as a carrier oil to carry essential oils.
Mineral oils diminish essential oils. The skin can not absorb those oils which are made from petroleum. Here is a list of carrier oils (carrier oils) for essential oils:
• Sweet Almond Oil.100 % dilution good for all skin types, This carrier oil is probably the best all-purpose carrier oil for essential oils because it is neutral and non-allergenic. Sweet almond oil pampers the skin.
• Hazelnut Oil 100% dilution. Another great carrier oil for essential oils.
• Good carrier oil for sandalwood, rosewood, tonka bean, ylang-ylang.
• 8 months shelf life
• Good astringent action. Good for all skins
• Jojoba Oil 10% dilution
• Good for inflamed skin, and all skin types
• Nourishes, one of the best carriers an emulsifier. Absolutely necessary to use cold pressed. Good emulsifier for face creams. Mimics collagen.
• Helps make skin soft and silky.
• Wheat germ oil Shelf life minimum 8 month. 10% dilution. For all skin types and those with permanently aged skin, eczema, psoriasis.
• Cocoanut oil – a solid at room temperature
• St Johns’ Wort Oil One year shelf life
• Olive Oil Shelf life One year. 10% dilution. Good for hair care, soothing.
• Aloe Vera Oil 8 – 10 months shelf life.
• All skin types
Other vegetable oils such as Corn oil, Peanut oil, Safflower oil and Sunflower oil can be used as carrier oils or carrier oils for use with essential oils.
Carrier Oils play a very important role in carrying and diluting highly concentrated essential oils which are measured in drops.
These carrier oils inhibit the evaporation rate, and ensure that they spread evenly over the skin and encourage quick absorptions of the essential oils.
[tag]Essential oils,carrier oil,vegetable oils,carrier oils[/tag]